- To care for your leather Wolverine 1000 Mile Boots, first remove the laces and use a damp cloth to wipe off dirt from the upper and outsole.
- Lightly brush the boot with a horsehair or other shoe-care brush to remove any excess dirt. Pay special attention to the stitching.
- Condition the leather to replenish its natural oils. Test conditioner on a small area before applying, as it may darken some leathers. Apply conditioner with hands or a soft cloth, working it into the leather and making sure to cover all leather surfaces, including the outsole if it is leather. Let conditioner dry, then brush to remove any excess.
- If the boots have a leather-edge outsole, treat with an edge sealer, wax or polish.
- Apply polish if desired to add color and shine. Keep in mind dark polishes will also darken any contrast stitching. Shine shoes with a soft brush.