Meet the President of the Wolverine Brand, Todd Yates. Todd hails from New Jersey and anyone who works with Todd would agree, he is quite the character. Being a shoe guru is only one of his many talents. Below is a little questionnaire we gave Todd, and let us tell you, some of the responses even shocked us!
1. W: What did you want to be when you grew up?
TY: I don’t know! Let’s call my parents, they will know!
(After calling both his mother and father, the only thing we could come up with was that Todd wanted to be a professional athlete. I’m pretty sure this first question has lost him some sleep the past couple of nights.)
2. W: What is the worst thing you did as a kid?
TY: Threw up peppermint schnapps and Rocky Roco Pizza in front of my sisters’ door. I couldn’t make it to the bathroom!
(We were thinking more along the lines of biting the neighbor kid… but this works too.)
3. W: Where did you go to college?
TY: University of Wisconsin Whitewater
4. W: Are you married? Have any kids?
TY: Yes, I’m married and I have 2 daughters and 3 step children
5. W: Who was your favorite super hero?
TY: I don’t really have one. But I do wish I had a Genie! (He then proceeded to do the traditional Genie head bob with his arms folded…multiple times.)
6. W: Who is your favorite sports team?
TY: Houston Texans
7. W: If you could say one thing to the President of the United States, what would it be?
TY: No Comment.
8. W: What is a random surprising fact about you?
TY: I watch Glee. I read a lot of people magazine and I’d have to say Pitch Perfect is one of my favorite movies. (Wait, what?!)
9. W: Who is your celebrity crush?
TY: My wife is going to kill me. I’ve always had a thing for Sela Ward. Megan Markel is pretty good looking too.
10. W: What is your favorite Wolverine shoe?
TY: That is easy, the 1000 Mile Boot.
11. W: Favorite TV show
12. W: What is your favorite movie?
TY: My all time? Probably Top Gun. The world could be ending, but if Top Gun was on, I’d have to stop and watch. Recently my favorite movie is Bridesmaids.
13. W: Your favorite saying?
TY: Yes Ma’am. Of course I will honey. Yes, that looks great on you (smart man)
14. W: Have any bad habits?
TY: Smoking. (said with a guilty tone)
15. W: Do you have any hobbies?
TY: Golfing and relaxing.
So there you have it! There is Todd in a nutshell.
Come back next week when we talk about our Director of Marketing, Kelly Redinger!